Neighborhood Watch Block Captain Meeting THIS Tues @7pm
Concerned about the theft, burglaries and home invasions in the neighborhood? We are too – and we are going to do something about it! We’re forming a Neighborhood Watch, where we all work to keep an eye out for unusual or suspicious activity. If you’re interested, come to the block captain meeting on May 24, 7:00 pm at the Normal Heights Community Center at 4649 Hawley Blvd.
See you there!
On June 5th the Normal Heights Community Association will be providing the support for the whole and half Marathon Water Station on W. Mountain View at the WEST end of Collier.
We need at least 65 volunteers. You get to dress in wild and crazy in thematic clothes and join us at 5am to set up the tables with water, hand out the water cups to runners whizzing by, and clean up afterwards!! We are out of there no later than 9:30am. What else are you going to do when the streets are closed and it’s before 10 on a Sunday am?
It really is fun and very fast paced so you won’t even mind the early hour! You get a shirt and backpack, too!!
You can message Jon Tolhoek directly email@example.com and give him your name, address, phone #, emergency name and phone #, and t-shirt size (s-xxl) or sign up directly:
http://www.runrocknroll.com/san-diego/the-weekend/volunteer/ (see details below if you’re having trouble signing up)
Bring a friend and spread the word!!!
See the new route here: Course Map
If having problems signing up, follow these steps:
1. Click on this link: http://www.runrocknroll.com/san-diego/the-weekend/volunteer/
2. Scroll down a bit to the blue “Race Crew Signup” button.
3. Click in the bubble “An individual registering to volunteer as part of a group” then “next step”
4. In the box, “Available Groups”, scroll down to “Normal Heights CommunityAssociation”. Make sure it’s highlighted and click, “Add selected groups”. You should see “Normal Heights Community Association” show up in the “Current Groups” box.
5. Click the “Join selected group” button on the right.
6. Check the water station box with the times 6am-9pm next to it (really the times needed are 4:45am-9:15am). You might have to scroll down the page if you don’t see it at first.
7. After you check the time box, scroll down to “next page” on the right.
8. Fill out all of the information and click “next page”
9. check the box “agree to the above wavier” and click “submit”
You’ll receive a confirmation email. Jon will be in touch as things progress!
Just Announced! Our Summer Movies in the Park Lineup
Movies begin at dusk
Saturday, June 25 E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Saturday, July 23 The Truman Show
Saturday, August 27 Star Wars – The Force Awakens